Gripper Strip Lap FramesRegular price $ 69.00 Save $ -69.00
For punch needle rug hooking your rug backing needs to be stretched REALLY tight on a frame - as tight as a drum. You should be able to bounce a quarter on it!
You’ll love how quick and simple it is to stretch your rug patterns onto these frames. Getting your backing tight will be easy as pie! Experienced punchers know that when your backing is tight your punch will glide through it with ease – making the craft more relaxing with the added benefit of reducing hand and wrist strain. Taut backing will also make your loops more even! Our high quality pine frames are sturdy without being heavy.
Which Size Should I Get?
- 10" x 10" (Interior Dimensions) "Baby Ox" Perfect for small projects like coasters, ornaments, little mats, and wall hangings. Frame does not disassemble for traveling or storage but it’s so compact it fits just about anywhere!
- 14" x 14" (Interior dimensions.) Super for all kinds of projects – coasters, ornaments, small bags, wall hangings, trivets – you name it! Frame does not disassemble for traveling or storage but will fit easily in most suitcases.
- 18" x 18" (Interior dimensions.) This is our most popular size. It works well for all chair pads and many other projects as well. Many punchers also use this frame to make larger rugs. Frame does not disassemble for traveling or storage.
- 15" x 26" (Interior dimensions.) We recently had a request from Cotey, our Oxford Company manager, for a custom sized gripper strip lap frame. Cotey told us that our 20” x 30” lap frame felt too unwieldy saying, “I’m short with short arms and I want a frame that feels more comfortable.” The result? A 15” x 26” frame. She loves it and now we all want one! Frame does disassemble for traveling or storage.
- 20" x 30" (Interior dimensions.) Amy Oxford asked herself the question"How small can a punched piece be and still look like a rug?" After experimenting with different sizes she felt that a 19" x 29" mat made a respectable small rug. "It might look too small in the middle of a room but looks great in front of a chair or as a bedside rug for example." Thus the 20" x 30" frame was born. Our customers love it because they can make a nice sized 2' x 3' rug and only have to move it once. (2' x 3' is a very popular rug size and a common size for many commercial patterns.) We find that this frame is comfortable to use if you are 5 foot 6 inches tall or taller. People below this height have mentioned that this frame felt awkward. See our solution below!
In accordance with our stockist agreement, Oxford products are not eligible for Free Shipping. Thank you for supporting this shop small product.